Galen Medicines (www.galinos.gr) is the most popular online reference for all matters regarding human pharmacology in Greece. Its concise presentation of information, blazing fast search function and innovative features make it an indispensable tool for doctors, pharmacists and other health professionals. Thanks to Galen, medical practitioners can investigate complex cases, make swift, evidence-based decisions and uncover valuable insights related to medication treatments.
Consistent, Evidence-based Content
As a comprehensive, up-to-date source of pharmaceutical content, Galen provides information about more than 7.200 drugs, over-the-counter medicines and food supplements. Its novelty lies into its underlying data representation: international coding standards (ICD-10, ATC, SNOMED-CT, etc) are being leveraged to represent knowledge in a terse, deeply linked structure.
- Active ingredients, brand names and packaging
- Summary of Product Characteristics
- Indications and treatment regimen
- Contraindications, interactions and adverse reactions
- Administrative information and pricing
- Prescribing instructions
- Pregnancy/Lactation-specific data
- Molecular structure
- Medical, pharmaceutical and chemical classifications
Galen Medicine's data consist the groundwork for Ergobyte's commercial products, as well as for a great number of research projects.
Galen also integrates features graduating from research carried out within Ergobyte, including:
- The most accurate drug-to-drug and drug-to-disease interaction checker,
- Suggested active substances for ICD-10 disease codes,
- Full text search within SPC, PIL and other pharmaceutical documents.